This is a heads up that ActivityPub 2020 Conference is held, starting from today. The conference is live online, and though all seats are sold out, the various talks have been pre-recorded and can be watched from the Conference website and discussed on SocialHub forum.
To @luke and others at Terminus: There are several interesting talks and discussions of interest to Terminus. AP / Fediverse being based on JSON-LD linked data specs offers great opportunity imho for Terminus applications.
Some interesting links:
- NoSQL Databases and ActivityPub
- The database is the protocol. Reflections on a 20 year tradition of re-inventing the wheel
Some things you may want to follow-up on:
- Future: Federating AP extension schemas
- CommonsPub and the quest for a modular decentralised app ecosystem
And a bit OT:
- Go-Fed: Past, Present, and Future. The go-fed ActivityPub library supports arbitrary extensions based on JSON-LD formatted OWL2 vocabulary definitions. Currently the DB layer only offers a Postgres impl. I am interested in using go-fed and this may include evaluating a Terminus impl.
Finally, not related to Terminus, but a must-watch imho:
Spritely and Federation Futures (see also: Spritely Project: The Super Exciting Future Of Fediverse)
- Especially the Object Capabilities (Goblins project) are great.
And finally finally, there’s a place where Terminus can show interest in future cooperation to help the Fediverse mature. (Note: needs trust level 1 on the forum before editing wiki post is possible, which you get after a few comments).